Creative Thoughts

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Halloween


Today I spent about 5 hours 'setting up' pages for Halloween pictures taken between 1982, when my first was born, to 1996. I already had them in a book, but I never liked the way the pages were set up. I actually didn't spend a solid 5 hours on this, of course. While I was printing out pages of elements and backgrounds, I was cleaning the house. The kitchen looks fine, as does the living room. I made my bed. Oh, and I colored my hair this morning before I even got started. After I was all through, I drove my son to college. I can't wait until he gets his license, because I seriously HATE driving. His road test is on November 10th.
This is one of the pictures I'm rescrapping. I hope I haven't already published this picture in my blog, but she's cute enough to show up twice, isn't she? That's my daughter when she was just a little younger than one.
I have each page and all its elements in a plastic page protector, so when I actually sit down to do them, everything I need will be at hand. Hopefully, I will have some time tomorrow, after I spend the morning at the doctor's office having a stress test for heart palpitations. If I didn't have to drive 22 miles a day, I wouldn't have them, I think.

13 Comments:

  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger Grokodile said…

    Hi,

    Just wanted to let you know I answered your comment on my "why not walk" post. :)

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Diane Duda said…

    Wow, sounds like you got a lot done today. Plus you visited my blog... thanks. :)

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger Ele at abitofpinkheaven said…

    My did you get a lot done! I just love the Halloween pictures. They are my favorite of my children.

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger TO BECOME said…

    You need to slow down some. You are busy busy and so much going on in your life. Some of it very emotional. A child leaving for college is a real change in a family. Yes, that is a wonderful picture. Have a very good weekend. I hope your dr.'s visit turns out alright. connie from Texas

     
  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger Supercool Mom said…

    Wow, you are busy - Good for you! I put all of my pics into sleeves in chrono order, so that they would be easy to scrap...I think that was 10 years, and 3 kids ago. Haven't scrapped since.

    I'm crazymamaof6's sis. Saw your comment there :) and came to visit.

     
  • At 7:08 AM, Blogger smilnsigh said…

    I just saw your comment in 'Susie Q's' blog... concerning McMansions. Wow do I have one for you. Eeeek! -giggles-

    We have one recently built, on two lots where once there stood really old homes. It is totally weird! I call it 'the castle.' All it needs is a moat!!!

    Built by 'neveau rich' or whatever you call them. Of course! And it is garish! I've never taken a pic of it, to put in with the really beautiful old homes which I love to picture, in a blog of mine. Ugh to it. But now, I think it might be very good to picture it. Without words, showing how weird it looks, in contrast with so many other old homes, I have posted pics of.

    Wow, where did this long comment come from, hu? ,-) Well, I do tend to rattle on, especially when peeved about something. And McMansions do peeve me. -giggles-

    I should try to remember to come back here and tell you, when I take pics of this place. I'm sure you'd get a big kick out of it! :-)

    Mari-Nanci

     
  • At 8:21 AM, Blogger April Russell said…

    Thanks for the great idea! how cute is this blog!?

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger Dee Light said…

    You've been busy. My scrapbooking is so far behind it's not even funny.

     
  • At 6:54 AM, Blogger Fine Little Day said…

    Sweet photo.

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger Colleen formerly of South Africa said…

    I love scrapbooking...and that photo is too dear. I haven't tackled going back to my old pages...yet..... Just too much work. But set a goal of 100 pages this year....just about on target.

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger Danielle Christiansen said…

    Hello! I wanted to thank you for your kind comment on my digi scrapbooking blog. People can be nasty. I am just glad some people appreciate it.

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Blogger Janna said…

    Thanks so much for sharing your story about how Norah friended a hurting girl. I think in that case God changed the friend which is our first prayer. It's only when they are a negative that we pray for removal.

    I agree we should try to do all we can to friend the friendless.

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger agreenearth said…

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. Love the photo of your daughter. How special to have all those photo memories to access.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home