Creative Thoughts

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Sans Computer

I had been without my computer for a few days as we switched my daughter's bedroom with my office. I'm back, but my son has borrowed my printer so I can't even print or scan anything. But at least I can get back to my writing again. I just did some editing this morning, nothing really new. Slowly but surely the book is coming along. I got a royalties statement yesterday for my children's books and made exactly 0 dollars...which is okay because I already earned out my advance, and then some. I'm just kind of pissed that bookstores are sending the books back. You see the dumbest, crappiest children's books that stay on the shelves for years. So why do they send back mine? They are historical novels; that might be the reason. Even the Dear America series, which was so big for a long time, is not that noticeable. I think the current trend is fantasy/magic, but I'm not going to write for that genre. By the time I got the book done, something else would come along.
Actually, what I would like to see in the adult market is another good horror story. Now that Stephen King is in retirment, there seems to be no hope for the future of horror, at least in the book industry! At least movies are still going strong!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home