Creative Thoughts

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Blackout creativity


It's been raining like Noah's Flood for the past few days. Today was the worst, almost torrential. I'm glad I didn't have to drive my son to college (my husband did), so I could relax. The power went out at 10 a.m. and didn't come back on again until 2-ish. So what do you do without electricity? No sewing machine, so forget working on the little outfit I'm making for my nephew. No computer/printer--so no scrapbooking. Couldn't bake anything--electric oven. I sorted my coupons and I made myself a BLT--cooked the bacon on the barbecue, in an all-metal pan. Came out pretty good. I started to work on a blanket I'm making for my baby nephew, but I wanted something different to do. So I got out my biggest crochet hook and started to make a scarf with some very soft yarn I have. I think it's boucle, not sure. The blue on the edge is slightly different from the blue in the main part. The dark color is actually purple. I did about 15 rows. I made it too wide, though--20 stitches. I think 12 or 15 would be plenty wide enough next time I use this needle. The pattern is a repeat of 2 doubles and 1 single/1 double. I'm not following any particular instructions, just 'winging it.' I hope to finish it by the winter!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:35 PM, Blogger Lara said…

    I want to start knitting myself a scarf too. I have to wear one all winter. If my neck is cold then I can never get warm!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home